Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: JR Resellers and the BTC

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I forgot to mention... this unit WILL work with an aftermarket ignition... like the MSD-6A(L). It will not work well with the MSD-6BTM.


    ------------------



    '93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
    Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member rjaffey's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16th, 1999
    Posts
    764
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I installed the unit inside the car on plastic panel on the passenger side, which covers the ECU. I used adhesive backed velcro. There's just enough room to mount the J&S on toward the bottom of the panel and the BTC toward the top. I installed the boost control knob under the dash to the right of the steering column.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member code10-54's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 1999
    Posts
    160
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    cpa: whaz UP!--hey mann, what da hell is this JR BTC shitz? some mo' snake oil that JR is try'n to sell? whats the damn diff bet. this heap and the MSD BTM...control timing and prevent det??? wtf??? ya set the BTM at some deg. to retard timing so prevent det so what does this blk. box P.O.S. do exactly? mann, for $350 is this junk f--k'n necessary for the 6psi foos? i aints gots a damn clue what da hell this shitz be doing except put'n a phat dent in yo f--k'n wallet! somebody please break it down gradeschool style...

    peace.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member cpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 24th, 2000
    Posts
    486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think rjaffey wrote a pretty clear explanation of the unit, so I won't rewrite it here. I don't think it's "necessary" at 6 PSI, but I do notice the bog at low end, especially in the heat and humidity. My goal is to get some of that low end responsiveness back, not so much to control detonation as so far I haven't had an issue with that.

    Maybe my expectations are too low, just a little more realistic, or maybe I'm a sucker, but I haven't gotten anything yet that hasn't delivered what I expected, including the SC.

    But if it turns out to be "snakeoil," I'm more than willing to light a match under the responsible sidewinder! Let's hope it doesn't turn out that way.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member cpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 24th, 2000
    Posts
    486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the reply. I'm going to get the unit as well, but have ordered it locally. Hopefully I'll have feedback by the end of next week as well!

    For those who installed the unit already, where did you mount the components?

    [This message has been edited by cpa (edited August 18, 2000).]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •